Vipers Canoe Trip

Vipers Canoe Trip
So much more than playing and paddling

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Cowboy Cooking

We'll in an effort to cook better cornbread I descided to build a cowboy cooker. 


A nice deep 6" pan will allow us to put sand in the bottom of the cooker. This should help protect the grass of high use parks.


Next I twisted up some handles. I was going to use horse shoes, but had a hard time finding some in town. So I used rail road spikes, which I really do like.




With a rack above the cooker, I hope to hang ovens from the rack on hooks. With different lengths of hooks I can adjust the distance to the fire changing the temperature.



And here we have a finished product in use!



Cornbread, beans, and pork chops and potatoes. All being cooked up.
Happy Eating. I'm sure we can feed a bunch of scouters with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment