Vipers Canoe Trip

Vipers Canoe Trip
So much more than playing and paddling

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Cowboy Cooking

We'll in an effort to cook better cornbread I descided to build a cowboy cooker. 


A nice deep 6" pan will allow us to put sand in the bottom of the cooker. This should help protect the grass of high use parks.


Next I twisted up some handles. I was going to use horse shoes, but had a hard time finding some in town. So I used rail road spikes, which I really do like.




With a rack above the cooker, I hope to hang ovens from the rack on hooks. With different lengths of hooks I can adjust the distance to the fire changing the temperature.



And here we have a finished product in use!



Cornbread, beans, and pork chops and potatoes. All being cooked up.
Happy Eating. I'm sure we can feed a bunch of scouters with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me


Sitting around the campfire last month, my friends and I were discussing how we wished we had a camping journal. After years of scouting we have seen some awesome things, and spent more nights in the woods than we count. This will be my simple story of my outdoor adventure with friends and my scouts.