Vipers Canoe Trip

Vipers Canoe Trip
So much more than playing and paddling

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Hiking and exploring

Every year we have a wilderness survival weekend for the Boy Scouts. 
It's a weekend for them to use their skills in shelter making and backpack cooking.

This year we are thinking about a nite hike along a shoreline to get to our shelter ground. The boys and I did a little exploring to see what the area looks like and it's conditions.


Here's a pretty grove of trees usually on a nice point in the water, but due to winter pool they are all alone.



And the boys, taking a break and trying to eat a snack....... Though we are only a 1/2 mile into the hike. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me


Sitting around the campfire last month, my friends and I were discussing how we wished we had a camping journal. After years of scouting we have seen some awesome things, and spent more nights in the woods than we count. This will be my simple story of my outdoor adventure with friends and my scouts.