Vipers Canoe Trip

Vipers Canoe Trip
So much more than playing and paddling

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Busy busy weekend!!

First our weekend started with our pinewood derby. There was a funeral that booted us out of the gym, so we had to make due in a large room.
I will say, it was a great derby, excellent sportsmanship shown all around. Afterwards we had a potluck lunch for our blue and gold.




47 racers isn't too shabby, the race went really well. It lasted for around 2 hours.


Plenty of trophies are given out.
1st -3rd overall.
1st in each den.
1st in Outlaws.
1st-3rd Siblings.
Best paint.
Scouts choice.
Slowest car.



I even ran the race this year, the car was fast! It almost came off the track it's first run, which knocked me down to 3rd place.  I pretty fired up for next year though!! Better look out!


Not to shabby for starting my car 2 days before the race. 

After the race I headed to my troop at Winterfest. It's held in army barracks and is a lot of fun.




That evening I got to help run the blast car race. This was my first time with blast cars. They were pretty awesome. They make a good sound and run pretty fast.



Then during an OA call out that had 100 new members, I received my wood badge beads.



Overall it's been a very busy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me


Sitting around the campfire last month, my friends and I were discussing how we wished we had a camping journal. After years of scouting we have seen some awesome things, and spent more nights in the woods than we count. This will be my simple story of my outdoor adventure with friends and my scouts.